Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dr Space Junk - movie star.

My darling friend Jack Dwyer, president of the Newcastle Space Frontier Society, wrote to me earlier in the year:


When does the DR. ALICE GORMAN AND THE SEARCH FOR SPACE JUNK movie come out again?! You know, a trilogy in at least four parts...:

DR. ALICE GORMAN AND THE MISSING MOONROCK.

DR. ALICE GORMAN AND THE SEARCH FOR THE STOLEN SKYLAB PIECE.

DR. ALICE GORMAN AND THE COSMOS INCIDENT.


I rather fancy this idea. I am full of demands at the moment, but if I can persuade someone to build me a model of the Love Pygmy, why can't an aspiring filmmaker take this on? Score by Philip Glass, of course.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:04 pm

    I have to admit that my 1960s fox terrier was named 'Satellite'. He was to have been 'Sputnik' till we realised that wasn't very ethnocentric. My neighbours current dog, (an Adjungbilly half dingo, half feral), is named 'Comet'. My next one, if not Dee may be Ether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all fine names for dogs. I think you should call the next one Ether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:35 pm

    Not Dr D? Ether/or. D is very ephemeral turning into a tree kangaroo when it floods so very batty and where is/what is space anyway especially when what is above us is also terrestrial?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr D is an altogether different pancake. I think it is a mistake to think of anything as being above or below.

    ReplyDelete